A Humbling Week - Awards and Nominations


I have been humbled this week.

I have received two - not one - but two Ancestor Approved Awards.

The first one was from Travis LeMaster of the TJL Genes: Preserving Our Family History blog. I treasure it for the very kind words he emailed when he gave it to me.

The other was from Bill West of the West in New England blog.  Bill is one of the New England bloggers that I've come to rely on for their support and encouragement as I continue on my own blogging journey. 

Thanks to both of you for thinking of me!

And then today the shortlist for the Family Tree Magazine (yes, a real printed magazine) Top 40 Best Genealogy Blogs came out.  I checked the list out of curiosity to see who was there, not expecting to see Roots & Rambles.

I was a bit surprised to find myself there. I'm a bit of a quirky writer.  I think too much and write about all the stuff that I'm thinking.  I'm not particularly funny and I'm overly sincere.  Not the stuff that wins popularity contests.  But someone out there felt like nominating my blog and I thank you for that.  Indeed it was an honor just to be included in the nomination.

Voting is open for the Family Tree Magazine contest until December 20th.  You can vote here if you are so inclined. 

Thanks again to Travis and Bill and that anonymous person who nominated me (maybe you'll reveal yourself?!!) for appreciating my blog. I'm so glad you like it.

Comments

  1. Great blog. I'm a regular reader, and Roots & Rambles is an obvious choice. I'm happy you were nominated. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Marian! Well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You're way underestimating yourself. This is one of my favorite blogs. You're the best at starting intelligent discussions and drawing people out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Marian, well deserved awards all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Marian; very happy to see this. I'll echo Kerry's comment: Roots and Rambles is a great place to find stimulating discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Marian! Love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! The honor is well-deserved. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment